Thursday, August 20, 2009

Remembrances of Joe Jensen





These are some pictures of Joe from the 67-68 annual. The middle shot is from the championship game against Lincoln. Joe is #34 in the team photograph. If anyone has better pictures, you can email them to me and I can post them. Thanks to Lynne (Kamstra) for the kind and thoughtful suggestion to post these pictures.

On another sad note, how many had Mrs. Karon Schaack for English III and/or journalism? I think some of us even had her when we were sophomores in the old school. I seem to recall Bob Ishmael telling me at sophomore basketball practice once about a difference of opinion he had with her during class that resulted in Bob getting into some rather serious trouble. Her husband passed away this week also. More information can be found on this website: http://www.isburgfuneralchapels.com/

1 comment:

  1. John, I was just checking back to this blog having (finally) taken down my yearbooks and found Joe Jensen. I was going to post, but am glad to see that you found 3 pics to my 1. I now realize that Joe wasn't with us long, joining us it seemed in our Jr year. Do you know more of his story?

    On another note, I had a grand week 2 weeks ago because of this reunion. I contacted Anne Luthy (Aanerud) planning to visit her in Cheyenne, only 45 miles from Laramie where I live. One visit became two, and I actually saw more of Diane Baird and Diane's daughter. Diane moved to Omaha our Jr year (that's the connection to Joe). Diane now lives in Newcastle WY

    ReplyDelete