Friday, August 21, 2009

Remember when?

Thanks to Jim Egeberg for this photograph. This is Mrs. Walker's 6th grade class of 1962-63. This was one of my most enjoyable years in school. She was instrumental in my decision to pursue a career in the teaching field. When we had our reunion in 2001 in honor of our 50th birthday, we invited her to come. However, as this letter indicates, she was unable to be attend. She was very special to many of us, and I'm sure you will agree after reading her letter.







1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely addition. Do you remember who else is in this photo? I think I recognize some. I wonder whether we can "tag" this photo. I just Googled a bit, looking for two of the teachers who meant a lot to me, Mrs. Cheever (6) and Mrs. Solberg (5). Unlike you all, I don't have many things to share and I certainly wasn't as kind as John in writing a former teacher. Such a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete