Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mistakes Have Been Made

Do you know that the 1967 Brookings High School annual is on the web? http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Brookings-High-School/24964?dsource=pub5856promotion1542115613 In a way, it does seem appropriate, as that was the last year that building was a high school. Every page has been photocopied, including the autographs. It may be rather easy to identify the owner of this yearbook. Anyway, I have made some errors in the post below. There was a Barb Johnston at BHS, but she was in the class ahead of us. The girl I was thinking of is Patricia (Patty?) Johnson. Is this an indication of Alzheimer's ?

We have been given some great information from an unknown poster. However, in looking at this yearbook, there is a student who seems to fit the profile of this individual. We welcome you to this blog; you have certainly educated me. Feel free to share your wealth of information with us. Would you have had a couple of older sisters, one of whom was in our class? Would another have been a senior in this yearbook? I can understand if you would rather not divulge that information. I am fortunate to have had a number of direct and indirect associations with some of your classmates.

Thank you for the link to the businesses. From 1964-66, George's Recreation was located at the address for 303 Main Avenue. George was one of my older brothers, and ran this pool hall for a year. I also had a paper route (Minneapolis Tribune) in this part of town. Seeing what businesses were located on Main back in the 50's-60's brought back many memories. thanks again.

3 comments:

  1. That's my 7th grade picture in the 1967 annual. I share a last name with the ladies you mentioned but they're not related to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Before I posted that, I should have checked this blog. On Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2009, we posted the funeral for the father of these ladies. He had three daughters and a son named Michael. I taught middle school in Brookings for about 30 years, and a number of children of your classmates were in my classes, which is the connection between us. Thank you so much for the links. Brookings is where I grew up, and it will always be home. Your information has helped me get to know it a little bit better. I have always been intrigued by the city's history. Incidentally, my brother's pool hall was once a Council Oak grocery store (1937-1950, I believe).

      Delete
  2. I also enjoy Brookings history and found a link to a good book: http://www.sdstate.edu/sdsuarchives/digitized/brookings-county-history-book.cfm

    ReplyDelete